Do me a favor...

Young people around the country are taking a stand and raising awareness of the dehumanizing and hurtful effects of the words “retard” or “retarded” and are helping encourage Americans to think before they speak.
Help eliminate the demeaning use of the R-word(retard) –a common taunt used to make fun of others. Often unwittingly, the word is used to denote behavior that is clumsy and even hopeless...
BUT WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT, THE WORD CONJURES UP A PAINFUL STEREOTYPE OF PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES. IT HURTS. EVEN IF YOU DON'T MEAN IT THAT WAY.
On or before March 3, visit www.r-word.org and make your pledge to not use the R-word.
I never realized how much I used the r-word until I started paying attention to it. It is such a demeaning and disrespectful word, please help and eliminate the use of the r-word and spread the word to end the word.
No comments:
Post a Comment